Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Daemon tool pro error : -1

I just repaired my Windows XP, hoping that all minor errors will be gone but, when I opened the Daemon Tools panel all my virtual drives were gone. I tried creating one and got the error:
Daemon tool pro error : -1

Soon i was Googling to find a solution to the problem. I found none but figured out the problem. When you repair Windows, it rolls back all the drivers installed to the default ones and that is what caused the problem. to resolve, follow these steps:

  • Right click My Computer
  • Select Properties
  • Select the Hardware tab
  • Click on Device Manager
  • Look for SCSI and RAID controllers - It will already be expanded and there will be a cross on its icon (not visible in image) which indicates that its not functioning.
  • Right Click on ANNxxxxx IDE controller and select Update Driver
  • Update using default options.

I you cannot see the SCSI and RAID controllers option in you Device manager, you need to reinstall Daemon Tools.

8 comments:

  1. I just tried that i saw it was really expanded and everything i did what u wrote to do and it does update but then it says there was an error while installing the hardware. It never did that with the version of deamon took i had before i updated it. I really duno watsup

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can try selecting the option to roll back to the previous version of the driver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou, problem solved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Under SCSI and RAID controllers on my device managers the only one that shows up is the ALTKU3C3 IDE Controller. I tried running the wizard to update the device, but it always failed. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling daemon tools, but it continues to insist on failing.

    What would you suggest I try next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Thanks!! I also had 'Daemon tool pro error : -1' problem but it was because I had previously disabled this device in Device Manager thinking it was something rogue as the spelling means nothing really. On my machine it is under heading 'Storage Controllers' (not SCSI RAID) and listed as 'A9WV66HU IDE Controller'. Re-enabled and no more problem enabling virtual drive in DAEMON Tools Lite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet idea, I had an error on my "fake" IDE controller in the windows 7 device manager... just disable the fakey IDE device, then re-enabling it made it run normal without error. I then tried again to enable a virtual DVD drive and I do not get error #1! Sweeeeet, time to game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i am getting a yellow mark on my IDE controller and i tried to update the driver but it was getting failed again and again .. what do now ?

    ReplyDelete